This one-story bungalow was built in 1948. The Smith family purchased it in the late 1950s, and resided there until the late 1990s, when Mrs. Smith was moved to an assisted-living facility. For nearly 2 decades it sat abandoned, and after several years of unpaid property taxes, the home went into foreclosure in late 2014, whereupon it was sold at public auction. We then purchased the home in Spring 2015.
This one-story bungalow was built in the 1930s. In 1973, the front porch was enclosed and a few years later, a garage with an apartment above were built.
The garage apartment on the same lot as 3517 Avenue R 1/2.
This two-story brick bungalow was built in 1941. In the late 1950s, the Herndon family purchased the property. As their family grew, the Herndons expanded the footprint of the home, enclosing a small porch and adding a TV room behind the kitchen and garage. In 2016, Mrs. Herndon succeeded her husband in death, and the house remained uninhabited until the children sold it to us in 2019.